Monday 19 November 2012

1 month check up

Well strictly speaking its a few days over a month since the corneal transplant but whos counting!  Not such a great day today check up wise.  I appears the eye pressure has gone up in the newly grafted eye and is high though he didnt give me a number.  The reason I say this is because back in around 2005/2006 when had the left eye done I was admitted to a ward following a check up because I had ridiculously high eye pressure in its 60s I believe and was at risk of the eye going blind.  At that time I was prescribed new drops to get the pressure down and from my memory that worked.  At this point I thought about sticking a photo of someone's eye pressure being taken but that's boring and for some reason this photo came up on google too and made me laugh so I think that's a better idea!  (Disclaimer-Non star wars fans wont get it though)



The main bonus this time is it hasn't got that high and not high enough to be admitted to hospital to keep an "eye" on it.  So I have been prescribed further eye drops to bring it down like all those years ago on the left.  And me and my little eye drop bottles have been reunited.  I remember them very well, is funny how things like that stick in your mind but I guess when you have to use them 4 times a day they do!  So in all I am now on 5 types of drops.  I wont list what they are as the names are ridiculously long on a couple of them.  But in all we have two types for the pressure, one to stop infections, one for comfort and one more I don't know yet as they didn't have it in stock and I will get it tomorrow.  I imagine it might be pressure related too.  I have been taken off altogether on the anti rejection drops as this is the cause of the eye pressure going up it is believed.  And this is backed up from my experience on the left eye.

All in all its a bit of a set back but at least it was caught now before it got any higher and touch wood the new drops will work.  Ill do whatever I am asked to do by the experts, this is the only thing I can do.  I did again think today it would be nice if had the money for private treatment as did seem like got rushed in and out today even after an hour delay.  But obviously a lot of people to get through and I do understand that.  Now I aim to give my eyes a break for a bit as been using a computer all week at work and I imagine this cant help, so today and tomorrow I have off so I intend to rest!  Oh and treat the wife and me to a nice Chinese to cheer me up!




No comments:

Post a Comment