Thursday 18 October 2012

Post op thoughts

Well it's been over 48 hours since the corneal transplant. I'm writing this from my phone as using the computer is bit too much strain as yet. Apologies if this contains mistakes as only got my vision in my left eye. I was told it went ok and I had a partial graft rather than full thickness which I believe is less likely to reject but vision doesn't meet same standards as full thickness. Only time will tell with that. I was discharged the same day on Tuesday, it was a hard 24 hours of a burning sensation and watering from the transplant, most likely the stitches causing that. Today has been better though, the eye is red in the outer corner and not too bad on the inner.

The vision as expected early on is blurry, I just wish could remember how long that lasted in 2005. My memory is terrible! I have a check up tomorrow and hope all is going as should be. I and my wife especially are doing all we are supposed to do keeping things clean and bacteria free. No bending down or rubbing of the eye etc and generally just resting. Apologies for taking a while to update after the op but just been really tired and as some of you will know it isn't a easy process. I try to put a few updates on twitter when I can @cornealgraft and I uploaded a photo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment